Door paints and natural wood finishes are effective ways to protect and decorate door surfaces. When you want to paint your interior doors, you must first think about beauty and then protection Most paint types fall under the categories of flat or gloss, semi-gloss or eggshell and provide different appeal. Primer may be applied when painting depending on the surface you intend to paint.
Here is a list of the type of paint you should consider when painting your interior doors.
- Base coats: for interior doors, a combined primer first coat is an excellent choice of paint and is better used for decorative purposes
- Flat: this is latex based paint and a versatile paint type. It is used for walls and ceilings but also works for interior doors.
- Primer; this should be used on new and uncoated surfaces. Primer protects the surface beneath it and also provides an excellent base for other paint types to be painted on it.
- Gloss and Satin: this is a very hard wearing finishing paint used mainly on wooden and metal surfaces.
- Satin: this paints are utilized in the same way as gloss but is slightly less shiny
- Eggshell: Eggshell paint is the most durable paint and is better than flat paints. It has a light sheen and most commonly used on interior wooden doors. Eggshell reflects and radiates lights in the room too. So if you love shiny things, this is the right choice of paint for you.